Do you love making music but have no-one to play with? Been a long time since you played? Play one instrument well but still learning a second?
Then this is is for you!
If you’ve played with Rusty Players before, but haven’t been at an event for a while, we’d love to see you back! Contact us for information about our next get together.
How Rusty Players works:
- No pressure to be perfect – just get in and have a go
- No scary solos, no audience other than those you invite to the end of day final play through
- Aimed at players age 18+
- Music suitable for players at Grade 4 or above
- No obscure music – just well known pieces to play – and we send you the music prior to the day, so no surprises
- Haven’t got an instrument any more? We might be able to help – note your request on your registration
- Rusty Players get together several times a year and most events follow a similar format that includes sectionals, full orchestra playthrough and some social time. It’s a welcoming and supportive environment for adult players of all levels
- We play music both modern and traditional, and as well as meeting at our home, Hinemoa Park, occasionally ‘pop up’ in unexpected places. In the past we’ve appeared at the Hamilton Gardens, the Avantidrome, and the Te Awamutu Events Centre.
- The primary purpose of the group is to give musicians a place to make music – this is about the joy of playing together, not producing excellent concerts (although we think we are pretty awesome).
Comments from attendees…
Thank you for putting this event together, and thank you to all the tutors…Was a great thing to do – very rusty!…As I do shift work, it is quite hard to commit to an orchestra. These one-day things are fantastic! Thanks!… Really enjoyed today. It was a challenge but very helpful tutor eased the way…Was great! Would love to do more of this…Thank you for organising this! For the encouragement, the fun, the help of professionals and the lovely afternoon tea... It was a great day!
Thank you for a fun day….I play with TWSO and loved being able to support the rusty players (and some of them were really good!)…It was such good fun to be playing whilst the cyclists were going around us…I came as part of the Rusty Choir, when can we do that again
.I’m learning a second instrument now and would like to come back with that if you’ll have me…I was part of the Rusty Choir but this time I’ve brought an instrument….This was worth an 8 am trip to Te Awamutu on a Sunday morning!.. Wow I loved that when is the next one!
I love love love coming along to Rusty days, the informality and casual nature is perfect and a good selection of music, something for all levels usually, just a great general vibe.