Music to go was presented in partnership with the Breeze radio station. Our string quartet took music to deserving recipients who had gone ‘above and beyond’ during lockdown. Watch a snippet of our concert performed for the staff at the Molecular Biology department of Waikato Hospital
We were committed to continuing as much activity as possible during ‘Level 1’. Business continuity and support for our most vulnerable are absolutely critical right now. And, so is ensuring the good mental health of people who were isolated through the first four weeks and beyond.
There are now opportunities to be truly innovative about how we can connect to each other. As leaders in the arts sector we are working on some exciting ideas that will enable and encourage musicians to continue to have a creative outlet – and ways our audiences can stay connected to us.
Music is good for the soul, and right now, that’s more important than ever.
THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW…
- Participate in our partnership with The Peoples Orchestra (contact us for more information)
- Buddy up with a musician on the other side of the world by completing this quick questionnaire!
- Be part of the virtual orchestra performing with The Peoples Orchestra and Orchestre Philharmonia Mundi de Montréal
- Join our next Talkestra session on Monday, 25 May at 7.30 pm – we will be live streaming on Facebook here
- Catch up on some reading with our digital programmes and Counterpoint Magazine
- Contact us to join the Rusty Player Orchestra or TWSO. This will get you access to music that you can practice at home
- When you feel ready, you can play along with some selected performances on Youtube – we’ll even give you the links.
- Remember, you can simplify the music if you need to by, for example, playing an octave lower or playing the first note of each group of semiquavers – whatever it takes to make the music satisfying and achievable!
- Download our interactive education resources and get your kids busy (you can watch the show on Youtube too!).
- Enjoy our children’s concerts here
- Find us on Facebook and be part of the digital orchestra community
- Keep checking back for more information about #talkestra and #couchestra – coming to your living room!
- Keep up with our blog
- Read our latest press feature
- Remember the important information about staying safe
- Watch our performances on Youtube
- Watch the live online experiences being offered by the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (#engage@home)
- Watch some of the world’s best musicians for free! – Subscribe to the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert hall
- Use websites and apps to download music (and even get a backing track!) Sheetmusicplus ‘Pass’ is even free for the first month!
- If you’re self-employed as a musician, music teacher, or other arts practitioner, check the financial response package that might help you